Wednesday, August 17, 2005

THE LIST

I made the decision to blog when I realized how many of my things have disappeared over the years. Some went as gifts while others succumbed to wear and I have no record of my successes/failures.

These are the most current projects still in the basket and the starting place. They, of course do not represent the yarn in the stash bought for various projects yet started (Nepali silk short row purse for one) nor the gifts I have yet to plan for Christmas (time is running out!).

The baby sweater needs to be done next month for the shower of a friend of my daughters--and mine--baby boy who is due to join us in October. Just needs sewing and neckband, but like most projects that have passed the challenge stage is stalled. Hopefully I won't be up working like a crazy woman the night before the shower.

The Noro entrelac is one of the few projects that I really splurged on the wool. I love the colors and as soon as it cools down, I'll get it put together and the trim and collar done. This fiber was one of my main inspirations to start spinning and hand-painting my own material.


The main color in the kimono sweater was hand-painted by me--a first effort. The body of the sweater is made from remants from the basket, knitted on a circular needle until it is the size desired. This represents one-half of the garment. It's fun watching it grow and searching for the right tidbits to include, but it is going to be very bulky. I am worried that the wearer may look like the hulk in it.

The socks are the last pair left from Christmas and almost finished, just need a free evening, :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home