Thursday, March 12, 2009

THE PARTY'S OVER

For the past two years I have been consumed with the planning of the Association of Southern California Handweaver's Conference. It was held last week in Riverside at the Convention Center

There were vendors, classes, exhibits, funny hats, speakers and more. I must have walked fifteen miles each day taking care of business but now I am a free woman. Several people told me that there would be a void in my life but not the case as I am feeling nothing but relief.

Two of my pieces won awards. The Larriat, wet felted and beaded, won an award from the Handweaver's Guild of America, a special award from the jurors and first place in my category. The mitts, handspun/handyed corriedale, won for best use of color which came with a $50.00 gift certificate from Red Fish Dyeworks which I had no trouble at all spending.


Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home