Friday, September 03, 2010

BOOK REVIEW

I have been meaning to write about this one for some time because it is now available from Amazon and priced reasonably. Before this the only way to get this remarkable book was to order it from a source in Australia and pay a gazillion $$$ for it. I first saw this in a friend's library and could not afford the price. Happy was I to find it on Amazon.

India Flint is an amazing dyer and printer who use dye materials found in nature. She also uses those materials to print directly on fabric which is the technique that interests me most though I have yet had the time to try it out. Lots of very raw material in the backyard waiting for me. Lori of Capistrano Fiber has done some printing and the results are available on Ravelry. I think that she is SpinSpin.

This is something anyone interested in dye techniques needs to at least find someone with a copy to peruse if it isn't in your budget. She has some interesting takes on fugitive properties of the dyes. See what you think.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:12 PM, Blogger Janel Laidman said...

ooh, I just bought this book too. I love the direct printing look. I really want to try that out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home