Friday, August 05, 2011

LONG DELAYED BSG REPORT

The trip north on the train while a bit grueling had some very lovely scenery. My seatmate ended up being a member of the Ventura guild going to the same event. Small world.

I was lucky enough to have been able to stay with GLASG alum moved to Oregon, Elissa at her lovely ranch. The donkey's greeted me when I arrived and were more than thrilled to have my left-over carrots.

The BSG show was great and while I could have spent a grip, I did restrain myself and only came home with some of Chameleon Colorworks new twice dyed fiber which I will share some other time.

Three days were spent dyeing with Nancy Finn. The first day was devoted to dye small silk strips working from solids to mixed colors. I ended up with some very good samples and some good ideas on how to achieve desired colors. Now to find the time to play around.

In the next two half-day classes fiber and yarn were dyed in our own colorways. I ended up with a couple of potential warps that I plan on weaving up as soon as I get the project currently on the loom woven off.

While there I went with Elissa to pick up her new puppy an adorable Bouvier who was too sweet. Needless to say I came home with serious puppy lust which I am struggling to control.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home