Wednesday, April 13, 2011

QUARTERLY REPORT ON STASHDOWN SPINNING

While I have been spinning like a crazy woman, posting is another matter. Life tends to get in the way and not leave much time for extras. Since my computer service is somewhat lacking I have to wait to do any posting until I can steal Sascha's wifi and often forget the netbook.

B2 by <span class= January - The blue is some stash merino, probably Ashland Bay. I have over 1100 yards and will probably use this for a yet to be determined weaving project. This a two-ply, fingering weight yarn.

Pink by <span class= February - A blend of some odd ends of CrossPatch and some pink Ashland Bay merino this yielded over 1000 yards. This is a two-ply with a strand of each blend spun and then plied. I still have a lot of the CrossPatch to spin up and ply on itself.

R3 by <span class= March - The red and the blue were both done at the retreat. The red is some rambouillet that Judith MacKenzie dyed. There were four ounces so my best guess is about 300 yards fingering weight. The blue is two different colorways of Copper Mountain targee spun separately and then plied together. Each colorway had four ounces so there should be close to if not more than 600 yards.

R1 by <span class=theresart">

A1 by <span class= April - Chameleon Colorworks Glacial Moraine Polworth and 64 Merino Morning Dove. I had eight ounces of each and have finished four ounces of the Mourning Dove and all of the Glacial Moraine.

Current schedule includes finishing the Chameleon Colorworks spinning and then moving on to some Nancy Finn that I got from Morgaine at a very nice price as it was slightly shop worn. Lucky me! After that I have some Capistrano from Lori and lots of Chameleon from Nancy, the last of the Columbia Fleece and even more CrossPatch to work with. Stay tuned.




Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home