Tuesday, September 21, 2010

IKAT FROM GGFI


W1
Originally uploaded by theresart
This was to have been the first weaving project in Judith's class this year but the weather conspired against us and with all the damp and mist the warps never dried. We had both white and gray skeins to dye. I tied my each differently but with a repeat in each skein and then separated the ikat sections with some of the solid gray.

The photo could have been a lot clearer, I just am hopeless when it comes to taking pictures, but the pattern shows up. The wool was a bit scratchy and not suitable for next to skin so have decided to make a bag with this. I fulled it in the washer last night and will have to stitch it up and get some leather handles to finish it off.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 7:44 PM, Blogger Janel Laidman said...

that is GORGEOUS! My LYS has really cute leather handles in stock right now, I wonder if one of the shops in LA has them. Show a pic when you're done!

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger LORI LAWSON said...

Theresa -- that turned out beautiful. Very, very nice job of weaving.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home