Monday, September 17, 2007

HOW I SPENT MY SATURDAY

I caught the Gold Line and met pals, Nancy, Ruth and Janel at Union Station as we were on our way to hear the Yarn Harlot at LAPL. It was a gorgeous day to be out in the world specially with such great company. Nancy, Ruth and I spent some time knitting in the garden that is next to the library while waiting for Janel to join us--the birds were out, it was the perfect temperature and a great start to a very fun day. After lunching at the Panda Express that is inside the Library we went and got in line. Everyone was furiously knitting away, chatting and having a great time. For once my group was not the only ones knitting in public!

The Yarn Harlot was as funny in person as in her books and gracious as well. She had time to speak to everyone as well as take a picture. There's Janel with her lovely Chameleon Colorworks yarn--a gift to Stephanie and me with my cruise toe-up sock (also Chameleon Colorworks Optium yarn).

We are in Ellen Bloom's (she introduced the Yarn Harlot) blog slide show.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home