Thursday, January 14, 2010

NEW YEAR SPINNING


Polworth
Originally uploaded by theresart
Have got to get busy and start spinning down the stash as it is overtaking the house. I am working on the studio and hope to have glorious photos as soon as I get some furniture moved.

Two years ago at SOAR I purchased some brown polworth and this year got two colorways. The yarn is really brown and not purple as in the photo--taken under an OTT light, so go figure. It is a three ply, fingering weight and this skein, plied on the new jumbo bobbin, is 8.8 ounces, 628 yards. I still have tons to go. I forgot to take a photo of the swatch I did over the holidays but think that this will end up in a garter stitch modular project. I hope to have enough fiber to be able to ply up the colorways with themselves for accent. Stay tuned.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home