Tuesday, March 09, 2010

LUCKY ME


Loom1
Originally uploaded by theresart
Good friend Una joined me on a wild ride through the storms to Lucerne Valley last Saturday to pickup my treasure. I found this on Craig's List and it was a real bargain. Now to master it in time to take it to camp in August. The warp on it is some cotton something from the previous owner. It is an 8-harness Harrisville with 10 treadles. The best thing about this is that it folds down to 18" and weighs about 60 lbs. I am going to get the wheel kit so that it will travel a bit easier.

I have a color gamp project from Ruth Schooley's stash that I am going to adapt to fit this loom (22") for an initial project. The sampler bit is like swatching to me, do only when your back is to the wall. I have one on the table loom I got in December and will never finish it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home