Sunday, September 11, 2005

JUST UNDER THE WIRE!

Finished just in the nick of time as the shower is next weekend. I had enough left of the blue to make a little stripped hat to match. The lamb is a first attempt at intarsia--need to learn lots more before attempting the Annabel Fox sweaters that I would love to make. Now if the weather holds and this dries prompty, and I can find buttons I like this will be ready to be wrapped up for the party. I have known the mother-to-be since before she was born and it was such a pleasure making this for her little boy. Being an October baby he should get good use of this sweater and hat. I can hardly wait until our little one arrives next spring. I need to get started on layette items but with the exception of a Debby Bliss blanket haven't found any patterns that excite me.

MERINO SHAWL

This was finished a couple of months ago, but needed blocking. I stretched it out to show off the pattern more and can hardly wait until it dries to see how it turned out. It took awhile to memorize the pattern but once that happened it knit up very nicely and was enough of a challenge to keep me going without being too hard to endure. The yarn is Knit Picks merino and the pattern was from an Interweave Knits, Winter 04.

1 Comments:

At 10:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home