Sunday, June 11, 2006

MAIL, GIFTS AND CLASSES


Yesterday another envelope from the Yarn of the Month . It's a very inexpensive way to sample different yarns--only $5.00 a month and in addition to the yarn you also get a pattern (though I must admit none have been anything that I like) and information about yarn types, fibers, etc. The web site directs you to where the yarn is available locally if one were to fall in love with a certain fiber. I have belonged for almost a year and have enjoyed getting a taste of different fibers without leaving home

It's not as if I don't have enough projects on the needles right now without starting another, but this lovely fiber, a rayon flax blend, was a gift from my SP 7 Angela and the pattern is from one of my favorite pattern companies, Just One More Row. It is a lovely two row repeat and is working up very fast. I took this photo this morning when the light was good and it is almost twice this size after a little over a hours work.

Spent the afternoon at our new local fiber and equipment pushers owned by guild members Janel and Margarite, Stick & Stone Fiberarts trying to learn long draw with John. I did pretty well with the blue faced leicester but the merino yak blend was another story. Those short fibers made me crazy! I have many hours of practice ahead of me to master this and fortunately have enough junk fiber to practice with.

2 Comments:

At 5:18 AM, Blogger theminx said...

Is that the Ocean Lace Stole? It looks different on the JOMR site, but probably because the sample is in mohair. I love the pattern in a non-fuzzy yarn though!

 
At 5:07 AM, Blogger angela said...

That looks amazing! I just love that yarn. I am destashing and found another 1200 yards of it and not sure if I can part with it or not. Glad you are enjoying it!
~angela

 

Post a Comment

<< Home