Wednesday, February 21, 2007

BASKET FAMILY

Basket saga, Chapter Two.
Meet Small, Medium and Large, though none of them is too big as the base for this picture was the top of a wooden kitchen stool. I am getting better--practice, practice, practice. The small one was done the day of the workshop with Nadine Spier (see Basket Workshop) and then about a week later I attempted the medium-sized one and found that I had forgotten everything. In addition I was using some local needles whose gauge is much finer. Finishing was a struggle. The larger one is much more on track with my memory restored. It was done with some pine needles that I purchased whose gauge was much larger. In comparison, now that I know better what I am doing, I do like the thinner needles better but do need more experience. On to Chapter Three.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home