Saturday, February 17, 2007

CROSS ANOTHER UFO OFF THE LIST

This was the first yarn that I spun. It was all done on an Ashford top whorl drop spindle, knit and felted in the washer. It has set along with a green companion on my worktable for a couple of years as I always thought that it needed some embelishment. A Christmas treat was a mult-needle felter and one of those very handy brushes you use instead of foam. I put this project off because I was afraid of stabbing myself through the foam, but this gadget works great. The beads were made from a scrap of Noro that was also lying around the table and the white felt was the first straight from fiber felt that I ever made. A project of firsts that finally got finished!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it! Is it your own design?
I can't wait to see it in person.

 
At 10:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cute! I love this hat! Another item for ASCH?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home