Sunday, January 28, 2007

BASKET WORKSHOP

I love coiled baskets! Saturday spent the entire day in a GLASG sponsored workshop with Nadine Spier. I had done yarn baskets years ago with my mom and have always wanted to learn how to make one with pine needles. I love this technique with the stone in the center--now I have some uses for some of the stones I have been hoarding over the years. The thread is coated with bees wax and when the basket is finished you use the hair dryer to melt it and what a wonderful smell.

This is a very small basket, about the size of the palm of my hand and most of it was done in the class. I finished it with just a little more work when I got home. Now I have to find some pine needles of the right size and get started on a larger version!

2 Comments:

At 7:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It came out perfect. :)

 
At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It came out perfect and the colors really go well together.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home