Sunday, January 28, 2007

CATCH UP TIME

It's not that I haven't been working since Christmas, just way too busy to figure out the new camera. These photos are a real testament on how much more work I need to do to master the beast. The socks are one of this month's products. They were knit on my lovely needles made from recycled music instruments and with yarn from a Secret Pal, Kay.

I finally found the time to set the twist in the many spinning projects. These include some fiber I got at Torrance from Lorie Lawson and which I plan to use in a scarf pattern which is primarily short rows and will show off the yarn to the best advantage. Also included here is some merino and merino alpace that I got from Dizzy Ewe (sorry no web page yet), some Optim from Cameleon Color works (it's the pink in the middle) that I plan to knit into a poncho for the baby. The rest of the fiber will just have to wait for me to get inspired and to hopefully finish those two Noro sweaters that are hanging around.

The shaw
l was knit up with some merino/silk that I handpainted the roving and spun up last year. I am really happy with the way the short row pattern (short rows seem to be my new fascination--this one is from Knitty, "Lizard Ridge") and is going to the Handweaver's conference in March.

The yellow is my first ever woven project and was done on the new Kromski Harp ridgid heddle loom that I brought myself for Christmas.
The weft was handspun using Crosspatch "Let's Party." I am busy spinning up some more Chameleon Colorworks that I want to weave using some tencel that I got at the Torrance Fiber event as the warp.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the socks and the shawl, oh my… is just gorgeous. I am really sorry that I was distracted during the show-and-tell yesterday. If I had known you had stuff, I would have paid attention. I am really fascinated by the pattern and those colors are perfect for it. I hope I'll get a chance to take a close look next time I see you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home