Tuesday, September 05, 2006

CLASSES, FRIENDS AND NEW TOYS

DSC00375 (2)
Spent Saturday at a supported spindle workshop taught by guild member Gwen Powell. Of course I had to buy the cute spindle and pretty bowl. Glad to know about this technique and will practice at some point if for no other reason than to spin the camel down I bought at the beginning of the summer, but I really hate spinning little bits of yarn. I want mass quantities! Following the class had a lovely lunch with Francesca, Janel and Kathy. If there's anyone out there reading this stuff who hasn't seen Spindlicity (created by the very talented Janel), then check it out!

I also gave into temptation and put a deposit on a Kromski Harp 24" loom. It seems like another good way to use up this yarn (not sure that this stuff I spin really deserves to be called that) up and painting warp also sounds like something up my alley.

1 Comments:

At 11:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're going to get the loom! Congratulations! And congratulations also on figuring out how to enable comments from people without a Blogger account. Now I can publicly harass you on your blog. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home