Monday, April 16, 2007

PICTURE AND SOCK CATCH-UP

Work and life has been so crazy that there has been little time to knit, spin, etc let alone post something here. There were two whole days last week that my fingers never even touched a knitting needle--can't remember when that last happened.


First pic is the last conference pic--my winning shawl. The fiber was a merino/silk that I handpainted, spun and then knit up. While I would love to claim the pattern as my own, it is one from Knitty--Lizard Ridge. The original is an afgan knit in Noro. I just added and ribbing border and knit it to my size.


Still on track with the socks (My New Year goal is to knit a pair a month). The lovely blue lacy ones, actually finished in March but not photograped are from the Chameleon Colorworks sock club. The pattern is Niagra Falls and is knit in a very nice random dyed superwash wool. They fit like a dream--I went against my grain and did not adapt any of these for my pattern but knitted the pattern as written. The goal is not only to end up with lots of sock, but to learn something along the way as well.











April's sock is my Socks That Rock package. I have never had such trouble with a sock as with this one. I did learn to knit a toe up and love the garter and heal on this sock but the cuff was a nightmare. It was easy to knit but had to be redone several times to get it so that my foot fit in the tunnel. The cable really brings this in and there is very little give to the cuff. I knit this on size three needles finally and can just barely squeeze it over my heel. I hope it doesn't shrink.



Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, Blogger Emma said...

Pretty socks! That's such a great goal--a pair a month. I'm so going to do that next year!

 
At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the first prize!
And on keeping up all the sock knitting. You are truly a woman on a mission. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home