Sunday, February 10, 2008

FAR BEHIND BUT FORAGING AHEAD ANYWAY



No new FO's for the year since the last post but lots on the needles to report.

Discovered a yarn vendor just up the street who has good prices on cashmere yarn. I purchased some lovely teal two-ply last month and have finally started the Starlight Shawl. The yarn is soft and luscious and the pattern within reason. I hope to persevere and have this finished by June for Lace in the Woods since the designer is one of the scheduled teachers.

The second item on the needles in a shrug from Garter Belt Knitting that like the cashmere was a Ravelry discovery. This is being knit up in some handspun, my first attempt with CrossPatch and maybe the first spun totally on my then new Fricke wheel. It has a plain body and some lovely lacy sleeves adapted from a Barbara Walker pattern.

The last project on the needles is one of last summer's STR and is mentioned only to keep me OT with my New Year's resolutions of finishing the UFO's. I have managed to keep the exercise resolution going, only missed three days last month and have stepped it up this month, so hope for the same success with the UFO's.

Finally the best is that it is almost D-day for Madrona. Just one day at work this week and I am a free woman. We arrive early enough in the day before the conference starts that I hope to make it to the glass bridge and the glass museum. Other than that I will be spending my days immersed in fiber. I am beside myself!

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 4:00 PM, Blogger fluffbuff said...

Have fun at Madrona Fiber Fest!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home