Thursday, November 08, 2007

CHRISTMAS CAME EARLY

After almost reducing the Lendrum to kindling this summer while traveling I decided that a wheel that could travel was a must. When I saw the ad on Ravelry for an Ashford DT knew that the time was right. I can't take pictures of the actual beauty due to some camera battery issues, but the likeness is the same. She arrived in perfect condition due to the excellent packing of her previous owner "Bluejinx" and spins nicely. I had never spun on a Joy before and was a bit nervous but the transition is very smooth. I managed to fill a bobbin with the pictured crosspatch lemon and lime colorway that I purchased from Nancy at the Handweaver's sale last Sunday. The big problem now is that all I want to do is sit and spin and there are things such as work, chores, and Christmas knitting that require my attention. Oh to be retired and have time that is actually my own! I can hardly wait until the One City/One Glendale program is finally over next week and there is more time to breathe.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 5:03 PM, Blogger fluffbuff said...

Congratulations on your early Christmas present!

 
At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new purchase! Merry Christmas to you:) This wheel looks nice! Hey maybe you will have it with you for Lace in the Woods and I can watch you spin:)

I think about learning how to spin from time to time but I'm too chicken:) I manage to get my self into trouble all the time from just visiting my LYS:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home