Sunday, January 15, 2006

THIS YEAR'S FIRST FO!

My son-in-law's Christmas present finally finished and delivered before he leaves on his business trip. The photos make it look orange, but it really is more of rust. It is a rust that was plied with a heathered brown that I thought was too green for my liking. The yarn was the first that I ever spun on a wheel and some of it was pretty wonky--cables are wonderful at hiding imperfections. This pattern was one included in Scarf Style which has several more that I plan to do.

I have tons of projects that I want to do this year, but have to finish the baby stuff first. It is hard to believe that she will be here in three months. I am still wading though the mire of her blanket and have yet to start any sweaters or hats, though being a spring baby she won't need any until she is older.

Just got another installment from the Yarn of the Month Club this week and it included some novelty yarns. While I wasn't too excited by any of these, it is still nice to get them.

PROJECTS FOR THE NEW YEAR(not in any special order):
Catalog all of the fiber books
Catalog all of the pop-up books
Knit shrug/shawl from Interweave in gray silk/merino
Knit modular sweater from my own dyed/spun yarn
Return the backyard to its former splendor
Dye wonderful new colorways from my silk/merino stash
Finish at least two UFO's
Spin up the stash
Yarn Camp
Plan/take a fiber focused trip.
Have some fun!






1 Comments:

At 11:20 AM, Blogger theminx said...

wow - I *love* that scarf! The texture is really great. Is it soft?

Good luck with your list of projects. I never make lists like that because I know I'll always disappoint myself!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home